These Venus Flytraps are for indoor use. Please follow these easy steps.
1. Before planting, the seeds need a cooling period. Store the package with seeds for 2 days in a freezer compartment OR for 2 weeks in a fridge.
2. Drop grow mix (coco disk) in container, slowly add ½ cup, 4 fluid ounces (120ml) of rain water. Stir the prepared mixture to aerate and drain if necessary. Do not use tap water! (Spring Water is even worse!) Most of all tap water has too many minerals that will burn the sensitive roots. Use either rainwater, Distilled water, or Reverse Osmosis (RO) water.
3. Place a maximum of 3 seeds on TOP of the grow mix.
4. Cover your pot with the plastic dome (enclosed).
5. Keep the grow mix moist at all times but do not overwater.
6. Place your pot somewhere with bright indirect light. The pot should not be placed in direct sunlight, bright indirect light is the best. Your seeds will sprout in about 1 to 3 months.
7. After germination of the seeds, when 3 inches tall, you can remove the plastic dome. Make sure the soil stays moist. At this time, you can gradually move them into direct sunlight.
8. Your plants can be transplanted into a larger pot as they start to grow bigger. But you can keep 1 transplant in the original enclosed pot.
9. Venus Flytraps plants love LOTS of light; the more, the better, and the healthier your plant will be.
10. Your Fly Traps will not eat meat until they are 3 years old.
Caution: Do not eat seeds
Having trouble growing your Venus Flytrap? (Please check the following items:)
1. Have you made sure to place the seeds on top of the soil?
2. Did you keep the soil lightly moist at all times?
3. Have you made sure the seeds are not exposed to direct sunlight?
4. Did you make sure to use distilled water?
5. Did you place the Venus Flytrap in a warm spot, away from any cold windows?
Search code: TG248