Astilbe’s brightly colored, stately plumes comprised of tiny, densely packed flowers are absolutely spectacular when planted en masse and are one of the most colorful flowers in your garden. The plants themselves in all cases are tough and extreme hardy. Astilbes require consistently moist soil that is rich in organic matter. Light shade or filtered sun is best. However, they will also grow in full shade but will not bloom as prolifically. Very long lasting flowers can be used as cut flower as well.
1. Select an area with light shade or filtered sun
2. Dig a hole 1 inch (2,5 cm) deep
3. Place the perennial in the hole, with pointed side up
4. Space perennials 12 inches (30 cm) apart
5. Cover with soil and water thoroughly
Plant in groups of 2 or more, in well-drained soil. Perennial will benefit from a handful of compost added to the planting holes. Plants should be divided every 2 to 3 years, in early spring. Astilbes do tolerate full sun in cool summer regions. Until planting it's best to store product between 35 F and 60 F degrees.
Search code: TG903