Thank you for selecting this quality grow kit!
For best results we recommend to follow the instructions below. Picea Abies require about 120 frost free growing days.
Sow at any time of the year. Sow seeds very thinly on the surface, then just cover them with an extremely thin layer of growing medium. Too much medium may delay germination process.
1. Fill up a separate bucket or pot with 1/2 cup (4 fluid ounces) of lukewarm water. Place pellet in the water and stir until it is fully expanded. Once water has been completely absorbed you can loosen the premium grow mix with a fork (for best results leave it overnight for complete absorption)
2. Fill the planter with 90% of the expanded premium grow mix.
3. Carefully open the seed packet and place seeds, evenly divided, on the premium grow mix. Place 1/8 inch (0.2cm) of grow mix on the seeds
4. The enclosed seeds DO NOT need access to sunlight in order to germinate. These seeds are slow germinators and may take up 6 – 8 weeks to germinate
5. Place the planter in a warm spot of ±68º F (20ºC)
6. Keep the grow mix moist (best is spraying)
but avoid soaking completely!
7. When the seedlings reach 2 to 4 inches (5-10 cm) you should keep 1 transplant in the provided planter and plant other seedlings in similar 4-inch (10cm) planters. Just moisten the seedbed and carefully separate the fragile plants, taking special care not to damage the stems or roots while moving
8. After 1- 2 years they are ready to be planted in their permanent position
Staking helps your new seedlings to grow straight and strong.
Note: Water may leak through the bottom opening of the pot.
It is important to feed your plants. When your seedlings reach 2 to 3 inches (5-8 cm) use a standard (preferable liquid) fertilizer and follow the instructions on the fertilizer packaging. Give water regularly but please do not over water. Do not move your plants outside until after the last frost.
WARNING: Do Not Eat Seeds!
It takes years before you can decorate your Christmas Tree, but with the right care and plenty of sun you can enjoy your tree year after year.
Search code: TG274, TG249