The plants can be started indoors and eventually placed outdoors after danger of last frost. Cat grass will grow year round but it needs lots of light.
1. Fill up a separate bucket or pot with 2½ cups (0.6 liter or 20 fluid ounces) of lukewarm water. Place pellet in the water and stir until it is fully expanded. Once water has been completely absorbed you can loosen the premium grow mix with a fork (for best results leave it overnight for complete absorption).
2. Fill the planter with 95% of the expanded premium grow mix.
3. Carefully open the seed packet and place seeds, evenly divided, in the premium grow mix. Place only a little bit of grow mix on the seeds. Just a light coating of grow mix is needed to protect the seeds. The seeds also need access to sunlight in order to germinate. Please keep it very light!
4. Important: Place the planter in a warm and sunny spot of ±68º F (20ºC). Best is to rotate the planter a little daily, to make sure sunlight is divided evenly.
5. Keep the medium moist (best is spraying) but avoid soaking completely!
On top of the mini greenhouse is a ventilation drive. You can open it according to the growth of the vegetables. In the first period of the seed germination and sprouting it is advisable to keep ventilation drive closed. This create high humidity.
It is important to feed your plants. When your seedlings reach 2 to 3 inches (5-8 cm) use a standard (preferable liquid) fertilizer and follow the instructions on the fertilizer packaging. Give water regularly but please do not over water. Do not move your plants outside until after the last frost.
WARNING: Do Not Eat Seeds!
Having trouble growing your cat grass? (Please check the following items:)
1. Did you plant the seeds at the indicated depth of 1/6''?
2. Did you keep the soil lightly moist?
3. Did you place the planter in a warm spot, away from any cold windows?
4. Was the ventilation drive closed during the first couple of days?
Search code: TG218