Ideal for GARDEN and CONTAINER PLANTING
Dahlias are considered one of the most spectacular garden flowers. Dahlias need a sunny location to thrive, an area that receives at least 5 hours of direct sunlight is best. To promote a compact, bushy growing habit, with more flowers, pinch back the new growth when your dahlia is about a foot high. If your goal is to produce massive sized flowers, remove all of the side buds at the end of each branch throughout the growing season. For the finest cut flowers, cut them early in the day.
- Planting Location: Sun
- Planting: January-May after Frost
- Planting Depth: 2 inch (5 cm)
- Planting Distance: 20 inch (50 cm)
- Flowers In: July-September
- Flowering Height: Approx. 36 inch (90 cm)
Easy to Grow:
1. Select an area with full sun
2. Dig a hole 2 inches (5 cm) deep
3. Place the bulb in the hole, with pointed side up
4. Space bulbs 20 inches (50 cm) apart
5. Cover with soil and water thoroughly
Plant in groups of 2 or more, in well-drained soil. Bulbs will benefit from a handful of compost added to the planting holes.
Search code: TG501