Ideal for GARDEN and CONTAINER PLANTING
We strongly suggest planting enough so you can give in to urges to snip some for indoor enjoyment; it’s bound to happen. Iris plants are tall and slim. Plant them in large containers and plan to add other bulbs, perennials or annuals to fill out the area around their ankles.
- Planting Location: Sun/semi-shade
- Planting: Fall (September-November) prior to first frost, or Spring (until May) after last frost.
- Planting Depth: 1 inch (2.5 cm), top of the rhizome should stick out just above the soil
- Planting Distance: 8 inch (20 cm)
- Flowers In: May-June
- Flowering Height: Approx. 35 inch (88 cm)
How to Grow
Easy to Grow:
1. Select an area with full sun or semi-shade
2. Dig a hole 1 inch (2.5 cm) deep
3. Place the bulb in the hole, with pointed side up
4. Space bulbs 8 inches (20 cm) apart
5. Cover with soil and water thoroughly
Plant in groups of 3, 5 or more, in well-drained soil. Bulbs will benefit from a handful of compost added to the planting holes.
Search code: TG957